It is necessary to understand some factors that affect the performance of fiber jumper. There are four main factors that affect the management of fiber jumper.
(1) bending radius
As we all know, the raw material of fiber is glass, so it is more fragile than copper wire, and it needs more attention and protection in operation and management. Is closely related to the reliability and performance of optical fiber and its bending radius, if excessive bending, optical fiber in optical fiber transmission of light signal is easy to produce internal refraction, overflow to the outside of the optical fiber cladding, causing light signal strength is reduced, this caused by optical fiber bending loss is called bending loss. In addition, fiber bending, especially in the installation and drawing of fiber optic jumper cable, can lead to microcracks in the fiber and even permanent damage to the fiber. Generally speaking, there are two types of fiber bending: microbend and macro bend (as shown in the figure below), and the bending radius of the macro bend is larger than the bending radius of the microbend.
It is important to note that when the fiber-optic jumper is installed, the bending radius of the fiber jumper is not obvious, because the number of fiber jumpers that were originally routed to the fiber distribution frame is very small. However, as more and more new fiber-optic jumpers are installed on top of the previous fiber-optic jumpers, problems with bending radius are likely to follow (see diagram below). For example, you'll find that a jump line that has been performing well for a long time will have a problem with a sharp decrease in the rate of decay, or a loss of life.
(2) path of optical fiber jumper.
The path of fiber optic jumpers is closely related to the bending radius, which has a profound influence on the performance and maintenance of the jumper wire. Therefore, the path of each fiber jumper should be clearly defined. If the fiber-optic jumper is improperly made, it may lead to overcrowding of the terminal panel and increase the risk of excessive bending radius. On the contrary, if the fiber-optic jumper is well managed, there will be no problem of too big a bending radius around, and you can find a particular fiber jumper faster and more accurately.
(3) the accessibility of fiber jumper.
The third factor is the accessibility of the installed fiber jumper. If you can easily find the installed fiber-optic jumper, the maintenance of the fiber-optic jumper will be much faster, and it will provide the correct protection of the bending radius. In the process of network reconfiguration, accessibility plays an important role, which directly affects the reliability of network and the cost of network reconfiguration.
(4) entity protection
Routing in fiber optic jumpers between each device can largely affect the reliability of the network, if no proper entity protection fiber optic jumper, skilled workers and equipment will be very easy to damage to fiber optic jumper. Therefore, it is very important to carry out physical protection of the installed fiber jumper wire.
Optical fiber jumper management method.
According to the above factors that affect the performance and maintenance of fiber optic jumper, we can get the following six methods to improve the flexibility and reliability of fiber jumper management:
1. Pay attention to the bending radius of the fiber jumper. Generally speaking, the bending radius of the optical fiber jumper with a diameter of 1.6mm and 3.0mm cannot be less than 3.5cm, while the bending radius of MPO fiber jumper can not be less than 10 times its diameter.
2. Do not pull or compress the fiber jumper. When the fiber jumper is installed, excessive force may exert pressure on the fiber jumper and the connector at both ends, thus affecting its performance. It's worth noting that if you need to use a lot of energy to pull a fiber jumper, there may be some problems.
Next: No Information
Related Industry Knowledge
- Optical fiber patch cord network-level and opti...
- Fiber jumper should be how to maintain and manage?
- How to quickly grasp the fiber jumper classific...
- Fiber jumper maintenance is more complicated
- Fiber jumpers to be used in pairs?
- Useful to life in the network cable (fiber jump...
- Optical fiber jumper and fiber terminal box how...
- How to correctly select and use fiber optic cable?
- Principle and principle of optical fiber patch ...
- Optical fiber jumper performance testing