Optical fiber jumper (also known as optical fiber connector) refers to both ends of the cable are equipped with connector plugs, used to achieve optical activity connection; plug at one end is called the pigtail. Optical Fiber Patch Cord / Cable is similar to a coaxial cable except that it does not have a mesh screen. The center is a light-propagating glass core. In multimode fiber, the diameter of the core is from 50 μm to 65 μm, which is roughly equivalent to the thickness of human hair. The single-mode fiber core diameter of 8μm ~ 10μm. A core of glass envelope with a lower index of refraction than the core is surrounded by the core to keep the fiber in the core. Outside is a thin plastic jacket, used to protect the envelope.
Optical fiber jumper performance testing mainly from the following five aspects:
I. Endface geometry test, the parameters of the test include the radius of curvature, apex offset, fiber height and so on. The test instrument is an interferometer, many people use norland ac / nc3000 or cc6000 for testing. In particular, cc6000 interferometer because of cost-effective, more and more factories use the instrument.
Optical performance testing, including return loss / insertion loss testing. Test equipment can use fibkey 7602 return loss / insertion loss integrated tester. First, use the light pen to measure the jumper to determine if the fiber is not broken. Measured indicators General carrier-class indicators: Insertion loss less than 0.3db Return loss greater than 45db.
Three. Fiber end scratch test, the use of optical fiber magnifying glass for observation, such as many factories use fibview fv-400pa for inspection. The instrument can give the clearest image, the operation is extremely simple. Customers also use fibkey-5600 variable magnification magnifying glass to detect, the instrument set 400 times, 200 times, 80 times the magnifying glass in one, can be clearly and easily observe the fiber face and the ferrule end conditions. Of course, you can also use the software to automatically check.
Fourth, the ambient temperature test, you need to test the performance of optical fiber connectors in different ambient temperature conditions.
V. Fiber tension test, the need to test the optical fiber connector can withstand the size of the pull.
Related Industry Knowledge
- What are the main factors that affect the manag...
- Optical fiber patch cord network-level and opti...
- Fiber jumper should be how to maintain and manage?
- How to quickly grasp the fiber jumper classific...
- Fiber jumper maintenance is more complicated
- Fiber jumpers to be used in pairs?
- Useful to life in the network cable (fiber jump...
- Optical fiber jumper and fiber terminal box how...
- How to correctly select and use fiber optic cable?
- Principle and principle of optical fiber patch ...
- Common Types of Fiber Optic Splitter
- Applications of Fiber Optic Splitter
- Advantages of Fiber Applications
- Brief History of Wireless Network Technology